Description of Role:
- Ideal person must be able to operate a single needle sewing machine.
- Ideal person can fabricate and assemble production quantities of simple components
- Prepare raw material and fabric for production processing using patterns, templates and drawings
- Must be able to operate a single needle sewing machine
- Maintain even stitch, tension, alignment and also distribution of materials
- Employee will need to check their stitching to detect defects, and notify their supervisor when defects are found.
- Basic mechanical and measurement skills
- Basic sewing machine maintenance and setup skills
- Knowledge of production cutting equipment
- Should know how to thread a sewing machine and change needles.
- Operate a power driven sewing machine
- Will be working from patterns or with precut pieces of materials
- Must know how to operate a sewing machine to sew, join, hem, gather and reinforce seems.
- Will use skills to decorate various articles
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational training can be helpful
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
- While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25-50lbs
- Motivation: Must be ambitious, like to work hard, be highly motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Integrity: Has highest standards of integrity reflected in all external and internal communications
- Communication: Exceptional communicator in written and oral forms
- Personality: Self-motivated, high energy, respectful, honest, hard-working and loyal team player
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and be able to pass a background check