Description of Role:
- Perform inspections, checks, tests, and sampling procedures of incoming materials, parts and components used in the manufacture of parachutes and parachute devices, partially assembled or finished goods. Perform review of records for release of finished goods.
- Perform inspections of purchased parts, subassemblies or finished company products according to well defined inspection criteria using visual and/or mechanical methods.
- Ability to use common measurement tools (calipers, micrometer, plug gauges, thread gauges, tape measure) to accurately perform inspections.
- Must be able to read and interpret Blueprints (GD&T) in order to perform inspection functions.
- Document all inspection results as required. Identifies discrepancies to inspection requirements and documents findings using standard rejection forms.
- Conduct and document process and system audits using written procedures as audit standards.
- Maintains and organizes inspection and test records for timely retrieval.
- Coordinate calibration of all test equipment and fixtures
- Monitor critical equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation and calibration.
- Participate in the construction and/or revision of SOPs for the inspection function.
- Assist in the writing and updating inspection procedures, protocol and checklists.
- Evaluate problems and make initial recommendations for possible corrective action to supervise.
- Work with production management and Quality Assurance to provide feedback to production regarding accuracy of production procedures.
- Perform review of records and other documentation for compliance to established procedures and good documentation practices.
- Additional duties as required.
- Ability to read and interpret Blueprints (GD&T)
- Basic Math
- Attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of ISO 9001:2008
- Basic knowledge Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have good English written and verbal communication skills
- Good arithmetic skills are required
- Mechanical aptitude desired
- 2+ years Quality Control experience in Receiving Inspection is preferred
- Basic knowledge of measurement instruments
- General proficiency of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Lift 25-50lbs
- Motivation: Must be ambitious, like to work hard, be highly motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must share the senior management team’s vision of building a world class business.
- Integrity: Has highest standards of integrity reflected in all external and internal communications.
- Strategic Thinking: Must have the strategic vision to create and execute long term planning and processes.
- Communication: Exceptional communicator in written and oral forms, with a collaborative and flexible style.
- Personality: Self-motivated, high energy, respectful, honest, hard-working and loyal team player.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and be able to pass a background check